MUSIC CAREER MANAGEMENT
In this introduction to the music industry, students explore the music business from the perspective of the artist and the business manager. Current topics are explored and discussed including new industry and alternative business models and intellectual property issues. Understanding the complex structure of the business and legal side of the music industry will help graduates navigate the non-music part of the music industry and help them execute better opportunities.
This program will provide you an applicable working knowledge of the structural, legal, marketing,
and business side of the music industry within a span of 3 months, with top level educators who have one priority in their mind.Your growth as a music professional.
Music Marketing and Career Management is your launch pad to the knowledge, experience and insight leading to your own personal strategic plan and a vision for your pathway to success. The learning speaks to practical solutions to real probable challenges that most will face and only some with endure long enough for their talent to rise to the top. You will develop an action plan then apply commitment and discipline to work it. Everyone seeking success in the music industry will be more likely to succeed and avoid unnecessary setbacks by understanding how the business works.
MMM provides real world insights into:
- Getting things done (who does what when how and why – then and now)
- Not getting ripped off (copyrights, royalty, performance/publishing/sync rights)
- Getting paid to play (sampling and live shows)
- Not ripping others off (sampling, remixes, fair use, clearance)
- But how will you eat? (funding your career path)
- Getting fans (marketing)
- Creating or being (brand identity)
- Work for hire & Production Music
- Avoiding Servitude – smart decisions before you sign (contracts)
- Being everywhere (digital presence and social media)
NEXT START DATES:
October 2020 ENROLLING NOW
CONNECT WITH US NOW